Wednesday, October 24, 2012

30 Day Self Harm Challenge: Day 2


Day 2: What Part Of Your Body Is Most Affected?


Welcome to day two of my 30 day Self-Harm challenge.  Today will be one of the easier days so hopefully we can all get through this with as little agony as possible.  Here we go...

The part of my body that was most affected by my self harm was my wrists/arms.  My legs were also pretty bad.  But predominantly it was my wrists.  I don't know why, because they weren't particularly easy to hide, but that's just where I liked doing it the most.  Winter was my favorite season because I had an excuse for wearing long sleeves.  I never wear shorts.  Ever.  Even in the heat of the summer I sport jeans.  So my leg cuts were simple to hide.

I also cut other places.  My stomach.  My chest.  My upper arms.  A few times on my calves.  I even cut my face once.  Don't ask why.  I wasn't of a proper mind at that time.  

Now most of my scars are healed over and gone.  The ones on my thighs are still visible along with a few on my arms.  There was on on my left wrist that was actually a suicide attempt.  I that the word "Love" tattooed over it.  Now you can't even see the scar.


There it is.  In all it's tattooed glory.
 
 
I have a lot of history in my scars.  A few people (my doctor mostly) have asked if I ever wanted something to make them go away permanently.  My answer has always been no.  My scars tell a story.  If we forget the past, it can repeat.  I don't want that darkness to come back into my life.  I love my scars.  Without them, I wouldn't be the woman you all know and love today.
 
 
 
Scooter Out.

4 comments:

  1. hello I'm a 16 year old boy, I've been cutting myself for three years now, I couldn't stop, now it's a month that I don't do it anymore thanks to a classmate of mine, while we were at school she raised my sleeves and I she kissed her wrists (where there are a lot of scars), she noticed it after a month that was known to us, she noticed it because, I was closed with the others, now this classmate of mine is my girlfriend and for what he did I am very grateful to him, a week ago she got this phrase tattooed on her breast "i don't want SOMEONE who SEES the GOOD in me, i want SOMEONE who SEES the BAD but still ACCEPTS ME"

    My advice is to find a person who truly accepts you for who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been clean for 4 months I got out of treatment April 3 2020...not even a month ago. I still struggle with these thoughts but...sometimes I look for these things and there's the slightest bit of hope. So here's my story. It started when I was 7 a lot of stuff happened to me I couldn't stop it become daily. I didn't know what to do. My parents sent me in and out of treatment I went to a long term treatment and was there for 2 years. I'm glad to say I've made it somewhere. I still have to do therapy but it helps and I still do these challenges that have a bigger amount of time. But you guys out there I know you can make it. My name is Sabrina and I'm 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My arms. i used to my wrist but my arms and shoulders.

    ReplyDelete