Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 10

I'm gonna revert back to not having a picture today.  I got off WAY too early to even think about taking one.  I suppose for Day 10 I'm just gonna say I'm grateful for my job as a whole.  In a world where people are living on less than $3.00 per day, I need to take the time to get on my knees and thank God for blessing me with a job that allows me to care for myself as well as my family.  I may complain a lot, but to be 100% honest with myself and my readers... I love my job.  My co-workers are nice (most of the time) and I like my hours and my job itself is easy.  Things could be much much worse.

As far as being grateful... The dictionary defines it like this:
Warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful.
To me, that doesn't quite cover it.  Dictionaries always tend to leave a lot out.  Then again, each person has a different definition for a word, especially a feeling.
To me, being grateful is to look at all the things around you and know without a shadow of a doubt that you have been blessed.  It goes beyond having things that are just your basic needs, although you should ALWAYS be grateful to have those.  It's knowing that you needed or even wanted something and you have it.
Sure, one can be grateful for their new BMW, but what about the little things?  That's what I look for.  Things like.... Seeing a Cardinal bird perched in a bush in all it's red flaming glory.  Finding a new and wonderful person to call friend.  The ability to read and the books I own.  Seeing a shooting star.  Air in your lungs and water to drink and food to eat.  The sunshine.  All the little things that people take for granted each and every day are things to be grateful for. 
Don't go happily along without noticing.  Open your eyes.  Look at the world like you did when you were a child.  Let little things amuse and delight you.  Be silly and love deeply.  And thank God for your life as it is.  You may think it sucks, but there are millions out there who would give up anything to have your life.  So just be grateful.... For everything.  Even your problems.  Without problems, we'd never learn or grow.  And what's life if you never learn?  Or grow? 
Take the time today to go outside.  Look at your surroundings... I mean REALLY look.  Take in the colors and the sounds.  Close your eyes and take in the smells.  Then take a second and thank God for that moment.  Try and do that everyday.  Then see how it changes what you're grateful for and what the word "grateful" means to you.
Scooter Out.

1 comment: